Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thank you #16

This is the funny story of me. I thought I will be transferred to the Damansara office in October last year. Because of some re-shuffled in that team, I found out my transfer got cancelled. However before that cancellation news was announced, I ran a tender for annual dinner for Damansara office. After the job was awarded, I volunteered to become a committee member even though I'm not from Damansara office. I thought since I'm going to move to that office anyway, might as well join the committee so that I can get more friends when I moved. But when the transfer was cancelled, I don't know should I still be in the committee or not since I'm not from there anymore, now or future. 

Coz I love the team and I have done some works already, I felt wasted to release it. And I anticipate that this is event will be so happening. I want to be a part of it. So I stayed.

Today was the food tasting at the hotel. I love the professionalism of the hotel. It's One World Hotel Bandar Utama by the way. Everything was set up beforehand and the discussion was fruitful. Even the chef came and we discussed about the food. He was very cool with our suggestions and comments. To the staff Rachel and Suria, they are so friendly and very knowledgeable about their hotel. They tasted together with us, commented about the food too and didn't being defensive when we are not happy with certain dishes.

The crowd from our side was cool too. Besides 3 committee members that came, 3 other random colleagues were called at last minutes to fill the spot. And I just realized, if you eat slowly, need to write down the comments and actually tried to really taste the food (coz need to come out with clever feedback, ahaks!) you actually will get full fast with little food. Maybe I should do that at home. Haha.

Alhamdulillah for the delicious lunch today :)

No comments: